If you have multiple windows in Google Chrome and you want to restart it, you will have to close all the windows one by one because Chrome doesn't have an option to restart the browser with all opened windows. The thing is this way it will restore only the last window. Here is how to restore all opened windows at once:
- Press Shift+ESC in Chrome
- Right click the column header
- Click Process ID
- Check what process ID has the Browser process
- Open Windows Task Manager
- Rright click the column header
- Click PID
- Close the Google Chrome process with the same PID
Next time you open Chrome, it will restore all previous opened windows.
What you actually do is simulating a Chrome crash.
Option 2 (easier):
- Go to chrome://flags
- Enable and disable an extension
- Press the Relaunch Now button at the bottom of the window.