- On the smartphone, download and install Package Disabler (I found an older version on aptoide.com or buy from Play Store, current version 1.4)
- Open Package Disable and search for vrsvc
- Disable Gear VR Service (this will stop Oculus app to start when connecting the smartphone to Gear VR)
- Download and install Trinus VR Lite (10 minutes per session) or buy the full version from Play Store (current version 2.0.6)
- Open Trinus VR Lite on smartphone
- On the PC, download and install Trinus VR server (current version 2.0.6)
- Open Trinus VR server
- Go to Video tab
- Set Fake3D to Enabled (this will show the same image for both eyes)
- Press the right bottom triangle to start the server
- On the smartphone you should already see two images, side by side
- Start a game in Minecraft
- Change mouse sensitivity to 150% to be able to rotate 360 degrees
- Connect the smartphone to Gear VR
If you have any problems, restart the app first and then the server.
Read the troubleshooting guide for further guidance.