[tutorial] Import contacts with Nokia Ovi on almost any Nokia phone
Freaking stupid people work at Nokia.
I tried for an hour to import contacts into Nokia C2-01 with Nokia Ovi's latest version.
I tried to import from CSV and VDF from inside the phone's memory, after I copied the files from PC. Both file types are not supported!
The only wait to import is from a CSV file, because a VDF file only imports the first contact.
What you have to do:
- Install Nokia Ovi
- Connect Nokia C2-01 to PC
- Open Microsoft Outlook (I used 2007)
- Go to Contacts, bottom left
- Go to File
- Choose Import and Export...
- Select Import from another program or file
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows)
- Choose Contacts
- Wait to finish importing
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Go to Nokia Ovi
- Under Sync with contacts application select Microsoft Outlook
- Press OK
- Press Sync Contacts
- Organize your contacts and groups
- Go back to Tools - Options - Contacts and select Do not sync
- DONE, FINALLY!
Stupid Nokia, you make me look bad!